Social Media Marketing (SMM) is the promotion, networking and expanding of your business to both existing and potential customers.
There are more than 230 million people using social media, each one a potential customer.
SMM offers unique marketing tools and a voice for your brand, with very specific benefits such as increased traffic, direct communication with your target audience through which you are able to increase the size of your audience exponentially and therefore increase your brand awareness.
Because you are able to manage your content, you are able to manage your reputation, increasing your Company's credibility, build a loyal following and community, thereby enabling you to attract natural back-links to promote your blogs, specials, contents etc.
A Social Media Marketing team can help you manage the time-consuming task of successfully managing your strategy. It requires the continued creation of content and the pro-active harnessing of opportunities throughout the various Social Media Channels.
The Development of a Social Media Marketing Strategy must:
- Identify opportunities in social media channels to improve brand recognition
- Set up social media profiles on major social sites and other social sites relevant to your industry
- Identify which blog communities are important to participate in
- Research and if necessary, address online reputation problems
- Develop an effective strategy for actively engaging a relevant community
- Identify the opinion leaders that you should engage to ensure a successful social media marketing campaign
- Create an action plan that will pave the way for effective social media marketing and networking
The Implementation of a Social Media Marketing strategy must:
- Ongoing maintenance of social media accounts, including: Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace, as well as any industry related communities. Frequent status updates, tweets, comment responses, news, events, promotions, etc.
- Ongoing monitoring of social media mention of your company, including Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious, and industry blogs, forums, and communities
- Respond to any feedback, questions, or comments through social media outlets using @replies, direct messages, retweets, Facebook messages and page comments, blog comments, forum responses, etc.
- Promote your business through social media to increase your brand recognition and reach a wider audience
- Increase your business’s transparency and engage in a productive manner with existing and potential customers
- Gain a better understanding of your customer’s needs by participating in active and candid conversation
Successfully incorporate social media into your business is easier than you might think; one “tweet” can make all the difference! Social Media Marketing Services takes the guesswork out of social media marketing by researching relevant communities and forums to stimulate potential customer interest and generate social media optimization (SMO) opportunities.
Understanding and using what is being said about your business is the foundation to learning how to make social media work for you.